December 31st, 2011
As we all gather with family and friends this holiday season, the Sacramento Forums team would like to take a moment to send you and yours warmest wishes for a happy new year! Thank you for joining and supporting Sacramento’s online community at SacForums.com – we hope to see you online soon!
To celebrate the new year, sister site SacJobListings.com is offering employers a 75% savings in January on job postings with the promo code “new2012″ – Employers, take advantage of this discount on an unlimited number of postings!
>> http://www.sacjoblistings.com <<
June 26th, 2011
SacForums.com is helping support Sacramento-area businesses and job seekers by adding local job listings to the sidebar of the forum index. We look forward to helping place employees with local businesses.
Job listings are brought to you by Sacramento’s newest Job posting site with current listings from Kaiser Permanente, Aerojet, Intel, Union Bank, Target, Apria Healthcare, Verizon Wireless, and more! Please show your support and visit
Also, be sure to follow @SacJobListings on Twitter. Job postings will be provided on SacJobListings.com, Twitter and here on SacForums.com.
Attention Employers: Job postings on SacJobListings.com are only $25 for 30 days.
Use promo code “SacForums” and save 20% through July!
April 5th, 2011
I frequently invite people to add their events to the Community Calendar on SacForums.com, but I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t seeing the events show up. The issue was recently confirmed via a member’s feedback.
I just had a major “AH HAH!” moment…
For whatever reason not all of the settings for the calendar are in the same location. I finally discovered that the moderation option was enabled, which requires an admin or moderator manually approving all calendar events posted by members. However, I never received any notifications, so I would have to manually seek out these events in the calendar and approve them. Obviously, this is time consuming for me, and not really fair to members who are also probably wondering why their events aren’t showing up!
So, I apologize for this oversight and hope that you will continue to add events to the Community Calendar. Events are no longer moderated, so they should show up immediately. If not, please let me know.
Also, please note that calendar events will still be automatically posted to the Events forum.
Thank you for your understanding and, again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
March 1st, 2011
If you’re like me, every year you buy an Entertainment Book to get coupons for great discounts at hundreds of local businesses, restaurants, service providers, movie theaters, sporting events and much more! If you’re not sure if you get your money’s worth out of the book, you’ve got to join us this year & trade your Entertainment Book coupons!
Simply post a reply to this topic with a list of the coupons you want, contact other members to initiate trades, work out the details and mail your coupons. All it costs is the price of a stamp!
Don’t have a book, or want another one? Now is the time to take advantage of the 50% off sale and get free shipping on a 2011 Entertainment Book!
Know someone who could benefit from this? Send them here!
February 15th, 2011
Sure, Sacramento is home to the Kings, Monarchs (folded in 2009) and the River Cats, but many people may be surprised to learn that there is a lot more to the professional sports scene… So, the pro sports forum is splitting up into individual forums for teams such as the Kings, River Cats, Mountain Lions, Sirens & Capitals.
Here are some direct links to the new forums:
Of course, if you feel a team is missing and needs their own forum, be sure to post a suggestion!
December 31st, 2010
2010 brought many exciting changes to SacForums.com, including a new design, forum upgrade, social media integration, etc. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet many great people from the site and at local meetups, and hope to continue to do so next year!
This year also brought some excitement to my family with the birth of our daughter in December! I’m looking forward to seeing what the new year brings to our family and wish the best for you and yours in 2011!
Have a very happy, safe and prosperous new year!!
December 1st, 2010
It’s time for another Sacramento, CA Online Community giveaway on SacForums.com!
This time, the fun will be tripled! Whether you’re a current member of the Sacramento Forums, a fan on Facebook, or a follower on Twitter, you have a chance to win, or three chances if you’re a member, fan and follower!
Giveaway Details & Prizes:
- SacForums members – Meal for four (4) at Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Twitter followers – Meals for two (2) at Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Facebook fans – Two (2) Chipotle Mexican Grill burrito cards
How to Enter:
- SacForums members – Simply reply to this post! It can be anything, but you can always tell us what you like about SacForums.com
- Twitter followers – Tweet, or retweet, the following: “Follow @SacForums and RT this to enter the SacForums.com Triple Giveaway!“
- Facebook fans – Simply “like” the SacForums.com facebook page to become a fan and you will automatically be entered.
How to Win:
- SacForums members – One winner from this thread will be chosen randomly using the random item picker at Random.org.
- Twitter followers – One winner will be chosen randomly via Tweetaways.com.
- Facebook fans – One Facebook fan will be chosen randomly using the random item picker at Random.org.
Winners will be picked on Tuesday, December 7, 2010.
Help Promote the SacForums.com Triple Giveaway! Please feel free to use the following short URL on your web site, blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. It will link back to this announcement.
November 17th, 2010
I have some exciting news to share with you, just in time for the holidays!
There’s a new addition to the Sacramento, CA Online Community – a daily deals page! Now, you can find great discounts (up to 90% off goods and services), from local businesses in and around Sacramento, that change on a daily basis, right here on SacForums.com!
See what today’s daily deal is and share with your friends and family!
Be sure to bookmark the page and check in every day to see what’s new!
So, if you haven’t started your holiday shopping, make sure the SacForums Daily Deals page at SacForums.com is one of your daily stops!
November 11th, 2010
SacForums.com is hosting a Mystery Pics contest! Closeup and/or abstract thumbnail-sized pictures will be posted of various landmarks in and around Sacramento, CA, along with helpful hints. Pictures will be posted one at a time (times may vary) and the member(s) with the most correct answers at the end will win!
Click here to enter contest!
- First Place: Gift certificate for a meal for four (4) at Chipotle Mexican Grill + two (2) gift cards for Noodles & Company
- Second Place: Gift certificate for a meal for two (2) at Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Third/Fourth Places: One (1) Chipotle Mexican Grill burrito card each.
Rules & Instructions:
- Must be a SacForums.com member to play. Registration is free.
- Members guess answers based on picture and # of letters/words (similar to hangman)
- Posting times may vary, so be sure to keep checking back for new picture(s).
- Next picture will be posted once a correct answer has been guessed (may not be same day).
- Contest ends when all 20 pictures have been posted and correct answers given.
- The winner(s) will be whomever submits the most correct answers by the end of the contest.
Visit the Contest Forum and start guessing!
Contest brought to you by the following great sponsors:
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Noodles & Company
If you would like to advertise on SacForums.com and/or sponsor a future contest, please don’t hesitate to send an email. Thanks!
October 28th, 2010
Want some free Chipotle? You know you do…
The first five (5) @SacForums followers on Twitter to post an intro will get a FREE burrito card from Chipotle! Here’s what you need to do…
- Follow @SacForums on Twitter*
- Register on SacForums.com (can use your Twitter acct)*
- Post an intro in the Introductions forum
- Link to your Twitter account in your intro post
- That’s it! …of course, if you want to post more, we won’t complain.
* Registration on SacForums.com and Twitter.com is free.
Winners (and their Twitter usernames) will be announced on the forum and on Twitter. Winners will be contacted via email (please use a valid email address to register) and will need to provide a mailing address. Chipotle cards will be mailed out ASAP.