SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Adult Store To Open Up Near Orangevale School - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adult Store To Open Up Near Orangevale School Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:07 PM

Adult Store To Open Up Near Orangevale School

ORANGEVALLE, Calif.  Behind some blinds, Cupid's Love Boutique is set to open up these doors tomorrow. But it's half a block from an elementary school and some parents say it's too close for comfort.

Chris Arentz is one of several moms gathering signatures to stop Cupid's Boutique from taking aim in this neighborhood. It's next to an old fashioned barbershop and market and a stone's throw from her 1st grader's school.

http://cbs13.com/loc..._335001821.html

#2 User is offline   davidmauss 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

Does anyone know what ever came out of this story? I noticed it a while back when it was covered in the Neighbors section.

A petition of local residents is the perfect kind of solution, as far as I'm concerned. Rather then having stricter zoning codes, let the people that would be forced to have the store in their neighborhood make the decision.

Let's hear it for citizen activism!

#3 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

There was an article on SacBee.com on Feb 6th w/ this picture showing the "open" sign on... I haven't seen it myself, so I have to go by this :o

Posted Image

Shocked and dismayed that Cupid's Love Boutique -- a store selling adult items -- had sprung up 600 feet from an Orangevale grade school, dozens of residents have been protesting since its December opening.

Now Sacramento County's Board of Supervisors is poised to take action. Today, the board will consider an ordinance making it illegal to sell a "sex device" within 1,000 feet of a school, child care center, library, church community center, park, school bus stop or recreation facility.

http://www.sacbee.co...ory/119080.html

...All I wonder is why 1000 ft? There isn't that much of a difference between 600 ft and 1000 ft. Is it just to get the five affected businesses (in unincorporated Sac Co.) to have to move? I also wonder if by including "child care centers" they would also include day care, baby sitters, etc. If residents don't want a business to be in their neighborhood, they could get somone who lives w/in 1000 ft to open their home up for day care. This is also directly tied to possibility of the ordinance being retroactive. They could, in effect, eliminate the whole adult "device" retail industry from Sacramento Co. ...and then we'll see the law suits...

I guess, because the ordinance would not cover private in-home sales of adult "devices" then an alternative for adult stores is to provide information and order forms for the products rather than the products themselves, and then deliver.

#4 User is offline   CrazyMo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

Maybe they could use the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile to deliver :o

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us