SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Friends, Family Mourn Loss Of Teen Shot At Party - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Friends, Family Mourn Loss Of Teen Shot At Party Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

Friends, Family Mourn Loss Of Teen Shot At Party

Friends and family gathered Saturday to mourn the death of 16-year-old Jelisa Office.

Office was shot and killed Friday night when someone fired a dozen rounds into a crowd gathered outside a party in Sacramento's Del Paso Heights neighborhood, police said.

Mourners gathered Saturday at the scene of the shooting to construct a memorial and share their memories of Office.

Friends and family described Office as a good student who was going to go far. They said she'd already won several scholarships and had been admitted to at least three colleges.

"She wanted so much out of life," said her friend Keynna Murry. "Smart girl, she had a good head on her shoulders."

Office's death came as she prepared for her junior prom. She already had the dress she planned to wear.

Now, her family said, she'll be buried in it.

Posted Image

http://www.kcra.com/...675/detail.html

#2 User is offline   Avaelon 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

That sucks really bad. I do not really like going to house parties because I have the fear of being killed and having something put in my drink. :)

#3 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

Arrest Made In Shooting Death Of Girl

Sacramento police have arrested a 15-year-old boy on suspicion of killing a teenage girl in Del Paso Heights.

Investigators describe the suspect as a gang member who they said shot 16-year-old Jelisa Office on March 23 as she stood near the intersection of Cypress Street and Roanoke Avenue.

Police said the shooting resulted from an earlier gang-related dispute that did not involve Office.

Office's mother, Geraldine Loper, said she grieves for her daughter but is thankful the police made an arrest.

"I just thank God and hope this is the right person," Loper said. "The (boy's) family shouldn't have hid him out. That should be burning their conscience up. That was my baby."

The boy's identity is being witheld due to his age and the pending investigation, police said.

http://www.kcra.com/...324/detail.html

#4 User is offline   NiNa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

This is so sad! I really feel for Jalisa's family and friends! Its such a senseless death :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us