SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Man Accused Of Shooting Alleged Sacramento Car Thief - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Man Accused Of Shooting Alleged Sacramento Car Thief Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

Man Accused Of Shooting Alleged Sacramento Car Thief

A south Sacramento man who told police he was defending his property was arrested early Wednesday after shooting a teenager who was allegedly trying to steal his car, authorities said.

Police said 42-year-old Sou Saechin told them he accidentally shot the teen at about 3 a.m. on Rock Creek Way.

But officials said Saechin went too far in trying to protect his red Honda.

"What we try to stress to people is that deadly force, the use of a firearm, is never justified under any circumstances to protect property," said Sgt. Matt Young of the Sacramento Police Department.

Police said Saechin came outside of his home armed with a .22-caliber rifle and confronted three alleged burglars.

Saechin fired one shot, hitting one of the alleged burglars in the chest. The three fled the scene, police said.

Posted Image

http://www.kcra.com/...821/detail.html

#2 User is offline   fastrobertson 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:03 AM

So what am I supposed to do? If I walk out of my house unarmed to confront a theif I am putting myself at risk of being attacked. My neighbor recently was attacked when confronting a man stilling his bicycle. If I point a gun at the theif he might leave, but what if he doesn't? What if he continues to try and take your property? Should I politely ask him to stop as he drives away in my car? Or do I shoot the looser? If I cause physical harm to a thief I will probably get in trouble for that too, so I say shoot 'em, maybe it will be the last time they try and take something that does not belong to them.
So anyway, what should you do?

#3 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

There's a big difference between being unarmed and having a gun... There are alternatives that probably wouldn't land you in jail, but since I don't really know, I won't speculate (too much). I think there is also a greater problem of being outside of your home. There's also a possibility, however slight, of detaining a criminal w/out harming them until the police arive.
I assume, in most cases if you catch someone breaking into your car, simply yelling at them would get them to turn and run. If need be, a large mag light could come in handy. Also, a good alarm or lo jack is a worthwhile investment. ;)

#4 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

Saechin Will Not Face Criminal Charges, DA Says

A south Sacramento man accused of shooting a suspected car burglar earlier this month will not face criminal charges, District Attorney Jan Scully said Wednesday.

Sou Saechin was arrested on April 4 on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after he confronted three suspected car burglars outside his Rock Creek Way home.

Saechin was accused of using a .22-caliber rifle to shoot one of the suspects in the chest and shooting at the suspects' car as it fled the area. The injured 17-year-old suspect, who was identified only as J.C., is expected to survive.

The other two suspected burglars, Marco Virelas and Larry Tran, were later arrested in connection with the case.

"Under the circumstances, we do not believe a jury would find Saechin acted unlawfully in firing this first shot in self defense," Scully's office said in a prepared statement.

http://www.kcra.com/...508/detail.html

#5 User is offline   fastrobertson 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:50 PM

Yeah! go Sou,
Thanks for taken some scum off the street. I bet he will never do this again!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us