SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Student Says He Was Forced To Urinate In Class - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Student Says He Was Forced To Urinate In Class Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

Student Says He Was Forced To Urinate In Class

A teacher at Charles M. Goethe Middle School in Sacramento forced an eighth-grade student to urinate in a bottle while in class, the student and his mother said.

Sacramento Unified School District officials said they are investigating the allegation.

The student, 14-year-old Michael Patterson, said he had been drinking a sports drink all morning long, was late for class, but still needed to use the restroom.

Patterson said when he asked to use the restroom the teacher humiliated him and forced him to urinate in his science class while 31 other students turned their heads.

http://www.kcra.com/...652/detail.html

#2 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

WTF?!?

#3 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

Teacher, Student Punished For Classroom Urination Incident

Sacramento school officials on Monday suspended a 14-year-old boy who said he was forced to urinate in a bottle after his science teacher refused to let him use the restroom.

"I can't believe they don't believe me," Michael Patterson said in a telephone interview after he was given the five-day suspension. "I have no reason to lie. What I said happened happened."

The suspension notice said he was barred from class until May 8 for "relieving himself in the classroom, which caused a school disruption."

Patterson said he went into a corner of the classroom last Tuesday and urinated into an empty Gatorade bottle after his teacher repeatedly refused to give him a pass to use the restroom and threatened to have him suspended if he left the classroom.

"He said, 'Do what you got to do,"' Patterson said. "I said, 'I've got a bottle' and he said, 'Go in the corner.' So I just handled my business."

The teacher, Peter Stanzler, has been placed on paid leave and was being transferred from Goethe Middle School to another school, said Marcus Walton, a spokesman for the Sacramento City Unified School District.

School officials last week said they were continuing to investigate and would take appropriate action once the investigation was completed. Walton said district officials were "still tying up loose ends" of the investigation on Monday.

http://www.kcra.com/...560/detail.html

#4 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

Two Different Stories in Bathroom Dispute

Sacramento City school district officials have concluded the teacher involved in an incident in which a student says he was forced to urinate in a bottle during class did not act inappropriately.

The student, 14-year-old Michael Patterson says he had urinate into a empty Gatorade bottle in the corner of his classroom at C. M. Goethe Middle School last Tuesday when his teacher refused to let him leave to use the restroom.

Patterson also claims the teacher threatened to have him suspended if he left the classroom.

Upon investigation, the Sacramento City Unified School District "found that the teacher did not instruct, direct or encourage the student to do anything inappropriate. The teacher did not threaten the student with suspension or discipline."

The prepared statement added: "As a normal rule, in order to maximize instruction, students are not allowed to leave class during the first and last 10 minutes of the period. The passing period between classes is four minutes. At the beginning of class, the teacher was interrupted by a studentís request to use the restroom. The teacher told the student to wait until class settled down so that instruction could begin. Less than five minutes into the class period, the student urinated into a bottle and discarded it in a trash can. Shocked at the studentís actions, the teacher told the student to dispose of the bottle in the restroom and wash his hands.

http://www.news10.ne...x?storyid=27296

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us