SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Light Rail Security Guard Hospitalized After Beating - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Light Rail Security Guard Hospitalized After Beating Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:21 AM

Light Rail Security Guard Hospitalized After Beating

A security guard working on a Regional Transit light rail train remained hospitalized on Friday after he was attacked by three young men earlier this week, police said.

Authorities said Robert Root, 68, was seriously beaten at about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Early Friday, Casanova Williamson, 19, was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and robbery in connection with the attack. Police said they are still searching for two other alleged attackers.

Officials said Root approached a group of young men who were being loud and profane on the train. He asked them to be quiet.

The men persisted in being loud. Police said Root approached the men again, only to be attacked and beaten.

Police said the attackers jumped off the train at the Alkali Flat station. The train continued to the 13th Street station, where it was met by police and an ambulance.

http://www.kcra.com/...599/detail.html

#2 User is offline   becks882008 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

Something has to be done about the situation on the RT trains. There has been instances where I felt really unsafe because of people like that. The sad thing is that it happens everyday. There are elderly people, children and certain people on the lightrail are loud and have no respect for the rest of the riders around them. Instead of me getting stabbed for saying "excuse me, can you keep it down" I'd just keep to myself until I get to my designated stop. Police and RT officials have to do something about that problem.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us