SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Jesuit Student Out Over Alleged Gun Threat - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jesuit Student Out Over Alleged Gun Threat Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

Jesuit Student Out Over Alleged Gun Threat

A Jesuit High School student was withdrawn from school for the final week of classes Thursday after the teen allegedly threatened to bring a gun on campus, school officials confirmed.

The teen, who was not identified, was removed from the school by mutual agreement between the school and the student's parents following a meeting Thursday morning, Jesuit principal Father Ed Fassett said. Fassett said the teen denied making any such claims.

The incident began Wednesday after a Jesuit baseball coach heard rumors from several students that the teen was going to bring a gun to school, Fassett said. The coach reported the rumor to school leaders around 9 p.m. Wednesday. Administrators immediately called the student's parents and scheduled the Thursday morning meeting.

In a letter sent to Jesuit parents Thursday, Fassett said there was never a gun on campus and the school was never placed under lockdown. The teen's parents are both Sacramento County Sheriff's deputies. Fassett said the parents' jobs indicated the teen had potential access to firearms.

http://www.news10.ne...x?storyid=27692

#2 User is offline   attagirl 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:05 PM

Ok information based on other people who may not have liked the kid, but no actual proof of anything. This is why funding is being taken away, and I welcome that. Too many students are being suspended from schools for things that they have no proof of, and therefore it is deny the child a right to an education.

#3 User is offline   peterz 

• Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

View Postattagirl, on 29 May 2007 - 12:05 PM, said:

Ok information based on other people who may not have liked the kid, but no actual proof of anything. This is why funding is being taken away, and I welcome that. Too many students are being suspended from schools for things that they have no proof of, and therefore it is deny the child a right to an education.

#4 User is offline   peterz 

• Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hi attagirl
My nephew was at Jesuit with this kid and my sister was called into office and told by the Jesuit Administration that this kid had a "hit list" on his person that allegedly was his list of students he was going to shoot. My nephew told me things this kid did and said and he was obviously very disturbed and dangerous. Removing him from this school was unquestionably the correct move and perhaps prevented a "Columbine" type situation. Furthermore Jesuit is a Private school and as such they have the right to boot whomever for whatever. You said "funding was cut" but Jesuit doesn't receive public funds. I don't understand your way of thinking, siding with a dangerous kid... you might want to learn more facts before voicing an opinion. And furthermore if a bunch of kids didn't like this weirdo because he wore same shirt every day and was super strange then obviously he needed some drastic action sooner or latet to fix him.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us