SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Michael Moore Meets Lawmakers At Capitol - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Michael Moore Meets Lawmakers At Capitol Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Michael Moore Meets Lawmakers At Capitol

Documentary film director Michael Moore appeared in Sacramento on Tuesday to introduce his latest target -- national health care.

Moore met with state lawmakers and health care workers at the Capitol to discuss his new film, "Sicko."

Moore is reportedly under federal investigation for traveling to Cuba. He traveled to Cuba while making "Sicko." Moore said the investigation is "pure harassment," and that the Bush administration has not yet gotten over his last movie.

"Sicko" is a critical examination of the health care system in the United States. Moore, using the occasion to push for Canadian-style universal health care, said an improved system would eliminate the insurance companies.

The partisan nature of this debate was apparent -- not a single Republican sat in on Tuesday's briefing.

Posted Image

http://www.kcra.com/...726/detail.html

#2 User is offline   fk310 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

Michael Moore is a biased douchebag, and his films are sensationalistic all the while lacking any sense of objectivity.

Keep in mind I am far from a conservative. I would describe myself primarily as an economic centrist, a social leftist. However, Moore really does not even attempt to be objective, his material are all ideology driven and mere propaganda.

I agree that America's Healthcare system needs an overhaul and certainly is too corporate driven. In fact, there are a lot of things I agree with Michael Moore with. I just don't like how he paints the facts. Europe's social system is no godsend. Yes, it is generous, but so many of their citizens take advantage of it, needless to say, many of those countries are in extreme debt in order to maintain their social system, and probably wouldn't be able to continue it further in future generations as their populations are aging, declining and economies either stagnant or shrinking.

#3 User is offline   Kissiedumb 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

I hate him

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us