SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: New Cancer Worries For Diet Soda Drinkers - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Cancer Worries For Diet Soda Drinkers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

New Cancer Worries For Diet Soda Drinkers

A new study on the effects of low daily doses of the artificial sweetener aspartame shows a statistically significant increase in leukemia, lymphoma and breast cancer in rats. Consumer advocates are calling for the FDA to take another look at the safety of aspartame in light of the study, but the FDA seems uninterested.

"Because aspartame is so widely consumed, it is urgent that the FDA evaluate whether aspartame still poses a 'reasonable certainty of no harm,' the standard used for gauging the safety of food additives," said CSPI executive director Michael F. Jacobson. "But consumers, particularly parents, shouldn't wait for the FDA to act. People shouldn't panic, but they should stop buying beverages and foods containing aspartame."

The study, which can be read here, followed a group of 4,000 rats who were given low daily doses of aspartame (comparable to what a dedicated human diet soda drinker might consume, were he/she a rat) beginning during "prenatal" life. The rats were dissected after natural death and the effects of the aspartame calculated. From the study:

The results of this carcinogenicity bioassay not only confirm, but also reinforce the first experimental demonstration of APM's multipotential carcinogenicity at a dose level close to the acceptable daily intake (ADI) for humans. Furthermore, the study demonstrates that when lifespan exposure to [aspartame] begins during fetal life, its carcinogenic effects are increased

http://consumerist.c...kers-272491.php

#2 User is offline   carolesuzanne 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

This one is quite a worry to me. I do consume about 4 of these diet drink a day. What are we diabetics to do?

#3 User is offline   Vlada 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

carolesuzanne, on 29 July 2007 - 06:25 PM, said:

This one is quite a worry to me. I do consume about 4 of these diet drink a day. What are we diabetics to do?

It seems to me that almost every product on the market today contains some carcinogenic substances. That is why it is very dangerous an excessive consuming of products. Especially if these products contain some preservatives.

#4 User is offline   Anton 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

drink coffee and u will never get cancer i know one very good

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us