SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Eat breakfast before or after exercise? - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eat breakfast before or after exercise? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   McQueen 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:06 AM

I want to lose a few pounds so I want to start jogging tomorrow. I'm just a little confused. Should I eat before I jog? or after I jog?

Before, I eat after I jog. I am not so sure if that's right.

#2 User is offline   wburg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMidtown Sacramento

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

Probably better to eat after. Have a big glass o' water before you jog, then jog, then eat. Otherwise your blood is all in your stomach working on  digesting breakfast instead of out in your limbs carrying oxygen. Also, supposedly there is a "protein window" of about an hour after exercise when your body is much more able to utilize dietary protein.

Exception: If you wait an hour between breakfast and jogging then you can use all that extra chow as fuel. A relatively light, good-carbohydrate breakfast (like oatmeal with some fresh or dried fruit) is best for this, rather than, say, ham and eggs.

I'm not a nutritionist or anything, just someone who used to work out more than I do now. I'd normally work out between 1-4 hours after eating and eat something high-protein just after getting home from the gym, with good results. Work out too soon after eating and I'd have a rotten time and a tummy ache.

#3 User is offline   McQueen 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

Thank you so much for your reply wburg. I really appreciate it.

I have another question, and I hope you can answer this too. My work schedule is 6pm to 3 am. I am planning to jog before I sleep, maybe 5-6 am. Is this okay? Or a total no-no?

#4 User is offline   wburg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMidtown Sacramento

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

If you can go to sleep right after a workout, go for it.

#5 User is offline   McQueen 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

If you can go to sleep right after a workout, go for it.

I haven't tried. But I'll know tonight. I'll jog for an hour and see if I can sleep. Haha. If not, I'll have to exercise inside the house before work.

#6 User is offline   lucy123 

• PipPip
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

I think there Must be a 2 and half hours between Your jogging and Breakfast You Must Jog with Empty Stomach Not after eating any Meal.

#7 User is offline   jessica34 

• PipPip
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

Thanks Lucy For Sharing this Useful Information Well This We Used to Readin Many Places That Stomach Must be Empty Before Starting any Type Of Exercise.and there Must be a Gap Before You Start Doing any type Of Exercise.

#8 User is offline   jennifer 

• PipPip
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:16 AM

Pre and post-workout nutrition is critical, because it allows the body to have the necessary energy to exercise effectively, as well as the right macro-nutrients and energy after exercise to help with recovery.

As a rule of thumb, you want to try to fill your tank up both before and after working out. How much you need to eat and what you should eat before exercise will have a lot to do with:

* The time of day
    * When you last ate
    * How your body responds to pre-workout food.

#9 User is offline   Pervoklashka 

• Pip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

Well, I would recommend you excersising INSTEAD of breakfast :)

#10 User is offline   WonderWoman 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

I eat breakfast after I work out because working out while I digest can sometimes irritate my stomach.

#11 User is offline   homemaker 

• Pip

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

never execise after you eat something. wait for a hour and then you can. if heavy meal you will have to wait for atleast 2 to 3 hours else your stomach is gona push everything reverse and you ll taste it in your mouth soon.

#12 User is offline   river park 

• Pip

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

The information about not eating after a workout is completely wrong. Every responsible source in bodybuilding and athletics recommends that you eat after training, and preferably within 45 minutes (maybe up to 60) after a workout. This period, known as the golden hour, is when the muscles absorb the most nutrients and when glycogen, an energy reserve in your muscles, is replaced most efficiently. The actual composition of the post-workout meal is a matter of some debate; for optimal glycogen replacement, most people recommend carbohydrates, but a certain amount of protein (at least 10 percent of the meal) is needed for muscle repair and growth.

Eating after exercise

#13 User is offline   drfarhan 

• Pip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

Many misconceptions surround us regarding our eating before or after breakfast, some people don't breakfast at all because they can they can burn much calories empty stomach then with a full one, some people avoid food before workouts because they think that they will get nauseated, some think that because of eating all of the blood will be directed to the stomach for digestion instead of muscles during workout, pre and post workout nutrition are both important, and both of them have science, ideally if you plan on working out then before workout you should probably eat a light meal composed of complex carbs and high calories in order to provide you with the energy, and after workout if you are planing to lose weight then you should simply have a high protein diet post workout in order to maintain your lean body mass but it should be low in carb and fat content in order to lose your body fat effectively.

#14 User is offline   Constant03 

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

It depends on the workout, and how much time you have between breakfast and the workout. Optimally, the best thing is eat a light breakfast at least 2 hours before the workout.

Now if you're doing something like an endurance workout (running or cycling more than 1 hour), a breakfast is crucial. Again, 2 hours before the workout so you won't get an upset stomach.

But if you are doing shorter amount of workout, but high intensity, like a 5K running race (approx. 30 minutes). Not having breakfast actually works out better.

Regarding dinner, since dinner usually have heavier stuff, for most cases I would eat afterwards even if I'm doing endurance workout. Again, a light snack 2 hours before should get you through if you have to have something.

#15 User is offline   Anton 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

IF YOU WILL BE DRINKING MY COFFEE OR TEA YOU WILL LOSE A LOT OF POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you love coffee or tea (even you don't like you can make big money on this... ) take a look on this website. newwayoflife.organogold.com call me at 916 9034120 skype olichka_898989 and I will give you more information.
Coffee of my company is 100% Arabica with 100% certified organic ganoderma extract , premium quality, very good taste and main thing organo gold coffee is very good for your health
If you are interested to get more information about ganoderma you can make a research on google

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us