SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: E commerce - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E commerce Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Web Graffiti Inc 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationFolsom

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:06 AM

Got E commerce, here is an article about setting up online businesses... Its only going to be very important for small businesses in the future.  Check it out.

SaaS E-commerce Services on the Rise

Convenience and low pricing will lure new entrants, small businesses and departments of large corporations to e-commerce delivered as a service.

July 31, 2008
By Richard Adhikari: More stories by this author:

By 2013, 90 percent of e-commerce sites will use at least one product from software as a service, or SaaS(define) vendors, according to a Gartner report released today. And 40 percent of e-commerce sites will use a complete SaaS solution.

These sites will be put up mainly by SMBs and smaller companies, although some large enterprises will use SaaS as a way to experiment in new markets. "You'll have new entrants who will help grow the market, and you'll also have experimentation by the bigger companies," Gartner analyst Gene Alvarez told InternetNews.com.

The bigger e-commerce players, however, will not use SaaS because they'll want to preserve the uniqueness of their sites, Gartner said. They also have concerns about the viability of SaaS to drive e-commerce on a large scale.

As a result, according to Gartner, the more profitable and more high-end e-commerce sites will choose to either use a custom-built solution, which others can't copy without breaching trademarks. Another group of e-commerce sites -- those that use licensed software and combine it with custom code or other products to deliver custom capabilities -- will also not be too keen on SaaS.

The SaaS approach will be viable for those who don't have enough human or hardware resources or both, Alvarez said. "We believe the increase in SaaS usage will come from the mid-market or below," he added.

Some of the top enterprises will use SaaS e-commerce to experiment in new markets, Alvarez said. "If I'm launching a new line or entering a new market and am not sure how I'm going to do there, it behooves me to try SaaS for, say, the first three years, and, if it doesn't work, I can shut it off," he explained.

"Do I see Nike or Amazon going into SaaS? No," Alvarez said. "But they can adopt SaaS to take some of their products and put them in a new store under a new name, and price them differently to test the market."

This is where SaaS in e-commerce will impact the skunk works many departments in large corporations are setting up by leveraging Amazon's EC2 and S3 cloud computing services to run their Web sites on. "SaaS e-commerce makes it even easier for user departments to make an end run around IT for a Web site," Alvarez said. "They don't have to understand S3 or EC2 and, for a few hundred dollars a month, they can launch an e-commerce site."

E-commerce delivered in SaaS form may also overtake cloud computing as a quick and easy way for departments of large companies to set up their own Web sites, Alvarez said.

#2 User is offline   California Rental 

• PipPip

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

I agree wholeheartedly.
E-commerce represents a unique opportunity for entrepreneurs, since startup costs for an e-commerce company can be as little as a few hundred bucks, instead of 5-6 figures. I actually work with a small e-commerce company called EZ Landlord Forms, which sells state-specific legal forms for landlord / real estate investors, and it's a company that would never have been possible without the relatively low startup costs associated with online companies.
Every other day I actually hear a really inspirational story about a Joe Schmoe who started a website in his spare time, and it turned into a massive dating site, or a popular social media site, etc. Great stuff.
Cheers!

#3 User is offline   Vlada 

• Pip

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:37 AM

View PostWeb Graffiti Inc, on 07 August 2008 - 08:06 AM, said:

Got E commerce, here is an article about setting up online businesses... Its only going to be very important for small businesses in the future.  Check it out.

SaaS E-commerce Services on the Rise

Convenience and low pricing will lure new entrants, small businesses and departments of large corporations to e-commerce delivered as a service.

July 31, 2008
By Richard Adhikari: More stories by this author:

By 2013, 90 percent of e-commerce sites will use at least one product from software as a service, or SaaS(define) vendors, according to a Gartner report released today. And 40 percent of e-commerce sites will use a complete SaaS solution.

These sites will be put up mainly by SMBs and smaller companies, although some large enterprises will use SaaS as a way to experiment in new markets. "You'll have new entrants who will help grow the market, and you'll also have experimentation by the bigger companies," Gartner analyst Gene Alvarez told InternetNews.com.

The bigger e-commerce players, however, will not use SaaS because they'll want to preserve the uniqueness of their sites, Gartner said. They also have concerns about the viability of SaaS to drive e-commerce on a large scale.

As a result, according to Gartner, the more profitable and more high-end e-commerce sites will choose to either use a custom-built solution, which others can't copy without breaching trademarks. Another group of e-commerce sites -- those that use licensed software and combine it with custom code or other products to deliver custom capabilities -- will also not be too keen on SaaS.

The SaaS approach will be viable for those who don't have enough human or hardware resources or both, Alvarez said. "We believe the increase in SaaS usage will come from the mid-market or below," he added.

Some of the top enterprises will use SaaS e-commerce to experiment in new markets, Alvarez said. "If I'm launching a new line or entering a new market and am not sure how I'm going to do there, it behooves me to try SaaS for, say, the first three years, and, if it doesn't work, I can shut it off," he explained.

"Do I see Nike or Amazon going into SaaS? No," Alvarez said. "But they can adopt SaaS to take some of their products and put them in a new store under a new name, and price them differently to test the market."

This is where SaaS in e-commerce will impact the skunk works many departments in large corporations are setting up by leveraging Amazon's EC2 and S3 cloud computing services to run their Web sites on. "SaaS e-commerce makes it even easier for user departments to make an end run around IT for a Web site," Alvarez said. "They don't have to understand S3 or EC2 and, for a few hundred dollars a month, they can launch an e-commerce site."

E-commerce delivered in SaaS form may also overtake cloud computing as a quick and easy way for departments of large companies to set up their own Web sites, Alvarez said.

I completely agree with your opinion about E commerce. But there there are many cons and pros for newbies in this field of business. The best advice is to be very careful and think twice before starting business in the E commerce.

#4 User is offline   Andy Gregory 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

As we all know,every e-commerce business has to paraphernalia client demands and answers their queries from dimension to abstraction.A powerful way of dealing with these tasks, many have at last decided or revolved to using free help desk software.

So is there a smarter way to save money and still get a powerful help desk software?The good news is... Yes, you can find some resources online to download top quality free help desk solutions.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us