SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Sac. Co. Animal Control - Barking Violation - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sac. Co. Animal Control - Barking Violation Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mr.Carmichael 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCarmichael, CA

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

To the neighbor who complained about our dog barking when there are dogs on all sides of us & practically every house on the block who bark and are aggressive, I'd like to say the following:

Have some respect. How much would it have taken you to come over or call us and see if everything was okay, if you had the right house/dog, if there was some other way to work it out without getting Animal Control involved? Obviously too much for your busy self-absorbed life. All Animal Control could tell me is that it was one of our immediate neighbors. One has a dog outside all day and will charge the fence if you come near. The neighbor on the other side has two little yappy dogs that actually bit a dog we used to have. The trashy family behind us sounds like they beat their little dog & have kids over all the time making all sorts of noise. All of those dogs bark, charge the fence to get to our dog and wake our 1yr old son up from naps. We have never complained. Not once.

So, we get the letter because our dog goes outside a few times a day and his barking is usually provoked by one of the dogs above. I can only assume this is a mistake, or at the very worst, a personal vendetta against us. Which is too bad - what comes around goes around & you'll get yours.

I also have a bone to pick with this whole violation process. The way it was explained to me by AC is that anybody can complain w/ no proof. AC issues a violation letter. The party can complain again & AC will send someone out to investigate. If the party complains again, they're basically given carte blanche to issue a citizens arrest & you're only recourse is to go to court. So, now, we have to spend our time documenting every time our dog goes outside & when the other dogs bark.

What would you do in this situation??

#2 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

I can think of a couple options & one idea that may not work... First the idea - can you do a Public Records Act request and find out who complained? Now the options - you could nicely confront each neighbor and they'll all most likely say they did not complain. Document that and if it goes to court, you can say that all of your neighbors said that they did not complain, so it must have been a prank. Or, you could write a nice letter to your neighbors and let them know that this happened, what you're doing about it, the fact that they all have dogs that bark, and that you would have had respect enough for them to contact them prior to making a complaint through the county... At the very least, the neighbors would know there was a rotten egg in the bunch... :D

#3 User is offline   Privacy916 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

Did you talk to your neighbors?

#4 User is offline   Mr.Carmichael 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCarmichael, CA

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:32 AM

Not yet. We've been recording every time our dog has gone outside, every time he's barked (2-3 times in 4-5 days) and every time other dogs around us have barked and where the barking came from, if we can tell. As we suspected, there is much more barking coming from other dogs in the neighborhood & from our immediate neighbors.

As far as the public records act, I called and they said that I could try, but they wouldn't give me the information and I couldn't find out until it goes to court. I can only hope that if the neighbor was too much of a coward to come and talk to me like an adult, they probably wouldn't go to court & have to confront me there.

#5 User is offline   Mr.Carmichael 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCarmichael, CA

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

I did the public records act request and got a response today. I know which neighbor did it! I think I'm actually more pissed now that I know! We talked to the neighbor on the other side of us and they got a notice too!!

#6 User is offline   Privacy916 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

At least you don't need to be paranoid about your other neighbors (if you were) :)

#7 User is offline   Orrymain 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:49 AM

I know all about this and it is not pleasant. Some neighbors have no compassion. I won't get into the details of my situation, but it was an older dog who was clearly at the end of her time, and they just didn't care. I shouldn't but to this day, I have so much resentment of these neighbors. One thing I did discover in my situation: it bugged them as much as it did because they always keep their windows open. Well, duh!

#8 User is offline   Jaysonsmith 

• Pip

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

U must speak to your nabours.

My link

#9 User is offline   Mr.Carmichael 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCarmichael, CA

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

Oh wow, this happened 2 years ago! We did talk to the neighbor/man-child and it was mostly resolved aside from a couple other incidents I won't get into now. He moved out not too long ago and now there are renters.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us