SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Cottage & Mission = New Rules?!?! - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cottage & Mission = New Rules?!?! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mr.Carmichael 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCarmichael, CA

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

My whole driving/commuting life has included one simple fact. People making left turns at 4-way intersections must yield to oncoming traffic. At this specific intersection this is no longer a fact. Actually, believing such a thing could get you seriously injured (and late for work). It seems, every day, when I try to go straight through this intersection and the opposing traffic has a left turn blinker on, I get horns blaring at me because I have the audacity to be of the mindset that people making left turns are to yield to oncoming traffic. Various driving education courses and manuals must also have incorrectly printed the same rules. The authors should have checked with the drivers on my daily commute first.

So, when did the rules change, and why didn't anyone tell me?

Okay Sacramento drivers, this is how you do it: Obviously, if two cars reach the intersection at the same time, in perpendicular lanes (i.e. North & West), the one on the right goes first. That's not the issue. What people have forgotten, or people fail to learn, is that if two cars reach a 4-way controlled intersection at the same time, in opposing lanes, and one person is making a left turn, that person must yield to the one going straight. If both are turning, it's not an issue.

There is no gray area. No wiggle room. No. This is in the vehicle code & the driver handbook. And these idiots are pissing me off!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us