SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Natomas Renters Cry Foul Over Clubhouse Lockout - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Natomas Renters Cry Foul Over Clubhouse Lockout Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

Natomas Renters Cry Foul Over Clubhouse Lockout

A major Sacramento homeowners association has stunned renters by announcing they are no longer welcome in the association's clubhouse, fitness room or at any of the three swimming pools.

The Natomas Park Master Association, which represents nearly 4,000 property owners, notified renters in a Dec. 5 letter that the association would stop issuing club membership cards to non-owners. Existing tenant membership would be allowed to expire, the letter said.

Victor Goytia learned of the new policy just weeks after signing a one-year lease on a home that rents for $1,900 per month. He said club membership was a major factor in his decision to rent in Natomas Park.

"They (the landlord) specified in the ad that there were three swimming pools, kids' facilities and so forth," Goytia said. "I was surprised when they (club management) told me they didn't allow renters to use the facility."

A promiment property management firm in Natomas Park is bracing for fallout from hundreds of angry clients -- both tenants and owners.

"In the 16 years I've been in business I've never heard of anything like this," said Liesa Wells of Sacramento Delta Property Management.

Wells said the club's amenities helped attract quality tenants for her owners. "That was part of our advertising," she said.

The president of the Natomas Park Master Association told News10 the policy change was approved by over 70 percent of property owners who voted in mail balloting last summer.

Robert Thompson said keeping track of hundreds of tenant membership cards put an undue burden on the club's staff at the expense of resident owners.

"Some people might look at this as snobbery, but that's not our intent," Thompson said.

Goytia plans to ask the landlord for a rent reduction now that he has no access to the club facilities.

"I have a 5-year-old daughter asking why she can't go to the club, but her friends can," Goytia said. "It's hard to explain to her that we're just lowly renters and not homeowners."

http://www.news10.ne...rk-club-320.jpg

http://www.news10.ne...86&provider=top

#2 User is offline   TheGameGuys 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

One of my coworkers here at the television station is on the short end of this stick.  She's been renting a home there for the past two years for her and her children and now she's stuck.  Her kids love the swimming pool and soon will be unable to join their friends there.

#3 User is offline   MarkieBee 

• Pip

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

If the owners want to see more foreclosed properties then so be it. Way to impede rentals people. The rental costs already excludes many of the "undesirables," so what's the problem? An 18-year-old kid at the front counter who can't multitask? Come on. Hire better screeners at the front. Or designate a time and a place for all renters to come in and get their photos taken, file paperwork, etc. With Cal Fit opening, there was no reason for me family - and yes we rent - to pay even the $40 per person to rejoin the Club, especially when someone was defiling the waters every other day. But I assume that if you take even more people away from the club that means a bigger monthly assessment from the owners. Once it hits the owners in the pocket books then they'll come crying for renters to be allowed in again.

#4 User is offline   ApollosWorld 

• PipPip
  • LocationNatomas

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Wow! This stinks. Does anyone ever know what became of this story? Did Sacrament Delta ever help resolve this?  

Here is my thinking. Those homeowners that have investment properties that used this as a selling point are now in breach of contract. It would appear to me that if those owners took a hit in rental income, those owners could sue the association for the difference in rental income.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us