SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: What can we do about the TGIF/Sonic blight off Truxel? - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What can we do about the TGIF/Sonic blight off Truxel? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MarkieBee 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

I guess the company's funding fell through but in the meantime we're stuck with an eyesore on one of the busiest corners in the neighborhood. I'd prefer an empty field to the shell of the two buildings...let alone do we need two more chain restaurants? That's for another thread.

#2 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

Welcome to the site MarkieBee!

I was out there the other day and you can't miss the half constructed buildings. But, since I'm not out there that often, if I hadn't already known about the situation, I probably wouldn't have really noticed it. There has been so much construction there over the past several years that it's pretty much expected. However, if I lived in Natomas & took Truxel every day, I would be annoyed about it. I hope someone is able to buy it and complete the project sometime soon, which isn't likely to happen in this economy.

#3 User is offline   eyesopen 

• Pip

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

I agree that it looks bad.  Everything you go to shop to Target/Walmart areas, which I do, you can't miss it. 

I suppose nothing can be done unless someone takes over building those restaurants, but if it's really bad, after a while, say 6-9 months, can't people complain to the mayor/councilperson/local govt figure about it?  Might be worth a shot.

#4 User is offline   stankie3 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

I agree.  My husband and I were just complaining about this situation the other day.  I'm glad TGIF's is not opening but something has to be done with the boarded building left there.

#5 User is offline   TheGameGuys 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Location400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

I agree.  My husband and I were just complaining about this situation the other day.  I'm glad TGIF's is not opening but something has to be done with the boarded building left there.

Sounds like my wife.  She doesn't care much for TGIF at all but would rather have the restaurant there instead of the wooden shell.

#6 User is offline   WesMoody 

• Pip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

Give it time. Some kids from Inderkum or Natomas High will play with fire and burn the place down in no time. think Fort Natomas, Part III...

#7 User is offline   Deciphan 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

The unfinished TGIF and Sonic are courtesy of Kobra Properties going under.  They left a lot of unfinished business around the area.  We also have Kobra to thank for the concrete shells at E-Commerce and Advantage Way across from IHOP.  Seems like we could just knock the supports out and take care of those though.  Anyone need stepping stones for their yard?

#8 User is offline   mr.pickles 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

Natomas needs to come up with a town square type atmosphere. They have tried, from the Bella Bru area, to the Target shopping center, either way, none of them provide the true, relaxing atmosphere to sit outside and enjoy the day. Every road is freeway, every bike ride on Natomas streets are a brush with death. I love my community, but it could be soo much more!!! Does anybody agree, or disagree with me?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us