SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Yummy braces-friendly recipes - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yummy braces-friendly recipes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DonnaApop 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

Greetings, Sac-Town! My name is Donna and I am working on behalf of the California Association of Orthodontists. With the green light from Eric the Admin (Hey!) I will share some tasty recipes! I remember the days (more like years!) when I had braces, and not being able to eat certain foods that I wanted to, due to their crunchy texture. But no need to fear, thanks to the California Association of Orthodontists and the Braces Cookbook, there are now braces-friendly recipes everyone can enjoy. Here is the recipe for one of my favorites- Soy Simmered Chicken Wraps, yum!

Ingredients:

3 boneless chicken breast halves
2 large onions, chunked
Small flour tortillas (pkg. of ten) wheat or white
(optional: 10-16 oz. of cooked chopped broccoli)
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup water
2 Tablespoons honey
1/8teaspoon ginger
2 Tablespoons peach or apricot jam
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Directions:

In a slow cooker, or a large pan on the stove, _layer_ the onions and the chicken breast. Allow at least three hours in the slow cooker on medium, or at least one hour on the stove---the longer the better, but you don’t have to do anything to it while it cooks. Spoon out the chicken onto a cutting board, and with a knife and fork, shred the chicken as finely as you’d like. In a small saucepan, stir all sauce ingredients together over medium heat until the mixture starts bubbling, then let it simmer for five minutes on low heat to thicken. In a serving bowl, stir sauce and onion into chicken; if you’d like, add cooked chopped broccoli. Makes about six to eight servings.

*From “The Braces Cookbook: Recipes You and Your Orthodontist Will Love” by Pamela and Brenda Waterman. www.bracescookbook.com

Do you have any recipes to share that you’ve learned over the years? I want to know! Even if it is an awesome mashed potato recipe.

And if you’re curious, take a look at some of the other yummy braces-friendly recipes – my other favorites include Three Cheese Macaroni and Pumpkin Cake.  Do any catch your eye?

Thanks!  :D
Donna Wan
Community Ambassador
donna@americanpopinc.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

*On behalf of the California Association of Orthodontists
http://www.braces.org/ca

#2 User is offline   DonnaApop 

• PipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

Hey Sac-town mommies! Here is another yummy braces-friendly recipe, that is awesome for dessert or even for an after-school snack- Sensational Cinnamon Snickerdoodles.  Enjoy!   :D

Ingredients:

1 cup shortening
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on low to combine the shortening, 1 ½ cups sugar and eggs. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. In a separate, small bowl, stir together the 2 Tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to use later. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about an hour.

With well-floured hands, pinch bits of dough and roll them into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar until coated. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 8 to 10 minutes at 400°, being careful not to over bake. Makes about five dozen. Store in a covered container.

From “The Braces Cookbook: Recipes You and Your Orthodontist Will Love” by Pamela and Brenda Waterman. www.bracescookbook.com

Let me know which recipe you would like for me to post next. Looks like it is going to be between Three Cheese Macaroni, Best Baked Spaghetti and Pumpkin Cake (hmm...they all sound yummy!)

Also, post your favorite recipes that you've learned over the years, or any tasty ones! I want to know, (even if it's an awesome mashed potato recipe)!   :)

Donna Britain
donna@americanpopinc.com

*On behalf of the California Association of Orthodontists
http://braces.org/ca

The California Association of Orthodontists is a resource for parents to learn more about orthodontic treatments and provides general tips on healthy smiles, braces-friendly recipes, and offers a Find an Orthodontist Locator Service. Why see an orthodontist over a dentist? Orthodontists receive an additional two-to-three years of specialized education beyond dental school to learn the proper way to align and straighten teeth.

#3 User is offline   DonnaApop 

• PipPip

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hey there!

Anyone try these recipes yet? I'd love some feedback! Just wanted to check in and see if anyone had any other requests for braces-friendly recipes-- or questions about braces/orthodontists in general!

Feel free to ask away-- send me an e-mail or reply to this message. I'll be happy to help you any way I can!

:D

Have a good day!

-Donna, donna@americanpopinc.com

#4 User is offline   DonnaApop 

• PipPip

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:03 PM

Hello lovely parents!

I hope you're all doing well. Just checking in to let you know if you have any questions-- about facial protection, finding the right orthodontist or braces-friendly recipes-- feel free to send me an email or reply here! :D

-Donna, donna@americanpopinc.com
(On behalf of the California Association of Orthodontists: http://braces.org/ca)

#5 User is offline   BasilPlus 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

yummmm

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us