Great New Folsom Band
Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:03 AM
* Thanks to the Fraternal Order of Eagles for sponsoring their third annual Pancake Breakfast benefiting the Folsom High School Music Department!
* The Orchestra, Marching Band, Jazz Band I, Jazz Band II, and Jazz Choir all performed at Disneyland on 15 May
* The bands did a great job at the Golden Empire festival on 1 May 1999!
* Congratulations to the Jazz Choir for again coming out first at the Monterey Jazz Festival. Also, in the May 1998 issue of Downbeat magazine, the Jazz Choir was named best comprehensive high school jazz choir for the second year in a row!
* Compliments to the Orchestra on a great job at the Golden Empire Festival on 27 February
* At the Buchanan festival in Fresno on 6 February, both FHS Jazz Groups (A band and B band) took first place in performance and sight reading