SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Smashburger - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smashburger Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

Ive chatted with @SmashburgerSac on Twitter and just read a great review on the SacFoodies blog, but have yet to give them a try.... If you have, what did you think? What do you recommend?
Click here to tell your friends and family about the Sacramento, CA Online Community!

#2 User is offline   NiNa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

Oooooh, that looks good! *drool*

#3 User is offline   Orrymain 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

I want that club, sans the avocado ... and that milk shake looked pretty decent, too, but the locations aren't in my area unfortunately.

#4 User is offline   sunny1z 

• PipPip
  • LocationFair Oaks, California

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

We have been to the one off Sunrise...

Burgers = :wave:

Fries = :(

#5 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:44 AM

We went to the one on Sunrise in Citrus Heights last night and I thought the food was great. It's a cross between a sit down burger restaurant like Woody's/Red Robin and fast food restaurants, but burgers are much better and you can get them to-go. No drive through, however, so it was like a Willies, but maybe with a wider selection of burgers and fries... There are currently two locations in the Sacramento area; one in Citrus Heights and one in Folsom, with plans to have five open in the area w/in the next year or two. Apparently, they're looking at locations in Roseville and around Arden Fair Mall.

So, the food...
I ordered the BBQ Bacon Cheese burger with smashfries, my wife ordered a classic burger with sweet potato fries, and we shared a Haagen Dazs Butterfinger shake. Everything was great, though the cost did add up, so it's definitely not as cheap as the larger fast food chains. The burgers come in three sizes: 1/4, 1/3 and I believe 1/2lb, and prices start at around $5 and go up to almost $7. I asked for recommendations on Twitter and was told to get bacon, a fried egg and smashfries (thanks to @lttlewys and @ElkGroveCA). So, I ordered the BBQ Bacon Cheese, but no egg. I think it was better than other similarly-priced burgers at other restaurants! I expected the smashfries to be much more flavorful, but the garlic and rosemary were still very tasty. I'm usually not a fan of sweet potatoes, but may have actually preferred those fries over the smashfries... The Butterfinger shake was a nice treat, but I realized you could get a whole tub of Butterfinger ice cream for about the same price at the grocery store. When we were done, we were full, satisfied and had plenty of fries left over.

:P
Click here to tell your friends and family about the Sacramento, CA Online Community!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us