SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community
Link to SacForums | Tell a Friend | Set as Startpage | Add to Favorites | Download Forum App

SacForums.com - The Sacramento, CA Online Community

Your ad here for about $1 per day! Click here for current rates and options.
Join SacForums.com

HOME

FORUMS

MEMBERS

CALENDAR

BLOG

DEALS

SPONSORS

REGISTER

Get Social with
SacForums.com:

Sacramento Forums: Mayor Johnson on Kings Move Talks - Sacramento Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mayor Johnson on Kings Move Talks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

NBA Commissioner David Stern confirmed rumors about the Maloofs being in talks about possibly moving the Kings to Anaheim, CA. Mayor Johnson weighed in & had this to say:

"I am obviously aware of the rumors and speculation about the Kings and Anaheim. But I'm not aware of any deal having been completed. So as far as I'm concerned, the Kings are still Sacramento's team and deserve our full support. Nothing has changed from the standpoint of
doing whatever we can to make sure Sacramento fans are known as the best fans in the NBA.

"I have been in contact this weekend with ICON and David Taylor, and they are moving full speed ahead on their 90-day feasibility study. One of their first jobs is meeting with the Maloofs, and they are working to set up those meetings as soon as possible.

"If the Maloofs decide for whatever reason not to meet, ICON Taylor assures me they will continue with the study. This is consistent with what I've said all along: building a new entertainment and sports complex is not about a basketball team. It's about creating an economic driver to create jobs, stimulate development and give our region a centerpiece for culture, arts and entertainment. We are doing this for one reason only -- it's right for Sacramento."

Click here to tell your friends and family about the Sacramento, CA Online Community!

#2 User is offline   Sacto Gal 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

It is ominous for certain. It's clear they want out because of the arena issue. The Maloofs have their own financial problems. They aren't about to build an arena themselves. My hunch is that they are gone. I don't think the mayor can stop them.

#3 User is offline   SacKingsGear 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

I feel like the mayor let his emotions get in the way and didn't do us any favors. I do agree with him on many points, but this is business and sometimes you have to eat some humble pie.

#4 User is offline   Sacto Gal 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

He gets very focused and he doesn't like to lose. I also think he thinks he's more of a hot shot than he is.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Links:

SacForums.com
Enter Forums
Forum Rules
Events Calendar
Deals
Sponsors
Advertising
Help Promote
Link To Us
Link Partners

Sacramento Info:

Sacramento News
Sacramento Weather
Sacramento Traffic
Sacramento Gas Prices
Sacramento Web Cams
Sacramento Jobs
Sacramento Real Estate
Sacramento Classifieds
Explore Sacramento
Ask Sacramento

SacKingsGear.com

All Content Copyright © 2014 SacForums.com - All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us